Finance OfficerWeston S Mare, United Kingdom | Contract, part-time
| £24,799 per annum (Pro Rata)
Our client based in Weston-super-Mare are looking for a Finance Officer to cover a one year maternity leave to start on 1st December doing 30 hours a week.
· To assist with the budget setting process
· To ensure “best value” in all contracts including utilities by way of quotes or price searching
· To oversee the Finance Assistant/Apprentice and maintain the purchase ledger system on a daily basis, ensuring the checking of invoices and making sure they are allocated to the correct budget heading
· To arrange the payment of invoices (via BACS or cheque) from the purchase ledger and payment requests from other departments
· To oversee the Finance Assistant/Apprentice and maintain the sales ledger system on a daily basis (processing of invoice requests manually and from the booking system and making sure they are allocated to the correct budget heading)
· To ensure that all sales ledger accounts are always current and any issues resolved. To issue all sales ledger statements on a monthly basis. To work with the Deputy Town Clerk in maintaining a stable cash flow for the Town Council.
· To maintain and oversee correct use of the booking system and to check and generate management reports.
· To oversee the Finance Assistant/Apprentice and to ensure all income is receipted correctly and processed on the banking sheets and effective banking of those funds weekly. To ensure that banking sheets are received weekly. Allocate the receipted monies onto the correct sales ledger accounts and budget heading.
· To oversee the Finance Assistant/Apprentice and to maintain, check and process the petty cash
· To prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts
· To oversee the role of the Finance Assistant/Apprentice on a daily basis and train accordingly.
· To maintain the stock code and budgeting systems so that it integrates correctly with the other financial ledgers.
· To ensure that all processing has been completed for the relevant accounting period. To close down the sales and purchase ledger, to prepare relevant journal accounting and to generate the month end budgetary control reports
· To form part of the payroll team with the Deputy and Assistant to include payroll management analysis on a monthly basis.
· To ensure the company adheres to HMRC guidelines and legislation in its daily transactions. To reconcile the VAT accounts on a monthly basis and then to check, process and generate the quarterly VAT return for approval and sign off
· To review financial systems and procedures, as and when required
· To assist with undertaking preparation of the year end accounts as required.
If you would like to apply for this role then please send your cv in today for consideration.
Salary is £24,799 pro rata.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business. Change Recruitment Services Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.