IT/Network Engineer ApprenticeshipHampton, United Kingdom | Permanent, full-time
| £17,670 per annum (Apprenticeship)
College: Kingston College
Apprenticeship Course: Level 4 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Entry Requirements: 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English, ICT or Computer Science as well as relevant level 3 qualifications
An exciting role as an IT/Network Engineer Apprentice at one of the country's foremost independent school for boys. You will be fully supported and work under direct supervision as you develop your skills, knowledge and experience within this Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship qualification. During this 2 years training programme you will provide 1st and 2nd line support to users at the school and assist the IT services team to deliver a quality service. You will also attend Kingston College on a weekly day release for your "off the job" learning.
The role is ideal for someone who is enthusiastic and looking to continue to develop their IT knowledge, skills and career opportunities in a supported environment. Ideally, you should have the following skills and personal qualities:-
* Providing first- and second-line support.
* Troubleshooting support calls which have been logged on the IT Service Desk.
* Responding to user requests and maintaining communication in line with the service-desk guidelines.
* Answering the IT Services phone to log and resolve queries raised by staff.
* Proactively walking the school sites to check IT equipment and log any faults or damage in the service-desk.
* Setting up and decommissioning IT resources following the school’s procedures.
* Replacing IT peripherals when required.
* Carrying out maintenance on hardware.
* Updating the asset management system with direction and approval from the IT Service Administrator.
* Providing out of hours support for scheduled and emergency scenarios.
* Following the departments working practices, standards and ethos.
* Escalating any IT issues or challenges to the IT Service Administrator.
* Accountable for driving personal continued professional development, in line with the Trust’s CPD model and IT requirements.
* Identifying IT service improvements and providing feedback on areas for improvement.
* Supporting the successful delivery of new projects or developments.
Why Should You Apply?
The ability to learn and develop skills in a supportive environment
Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Ability to work with new and emerging technologies
The role offers an attractive benefits package including free lunch, free on-site parking, cycle to work scheme and sports & fitness facilities.