PHP DeveloperColchester, United Kingdom | Permanent, full-time
| £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Senior PHP Developer
Chapman Tate are currently seeking a PHP Developer for an Online Business Company. They are looking to bring someone in to take responsibility for developing core business systems in the house. As a senior member of the development team, you will be heavily involved in the planning, design and build process. In this role, you will be developing new functionality and methods to improve their customer journey.
If you are technologically minded and keen to succeed within a company that promotes personal development and the opportunity of being part of something bigger, then we have a role for you!
To succeed as a PHP Developer, you need:
● PHP(Symfony) for their backend application code
● MySQL for persistent data storage
● BDD and TDD
● PHPUnit for integration tests
● Elasticsearch for logging and monitoring
● AWS Lambda for serverless computing
● AWS SQS for their asynchronous message queue
● AWS for most other infrastructure
● React for our client-side applications
● Bitbucket Pipelines for Continuous Integration
You should apply if:
● You have 3+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role.
● You have knowledge of software design patterns and the principles of SOLIDcode.
● You have a practical understanding of the basics of HTTPand you know a RESTful API when you see one.
● You have experience with TDD and/orBDD.
● You enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools money can buy.
● You are data-driven and strongly motivated by learnings through experiments and metrics analysis.
● You have superb communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
In return you will receive:
● Flexible working hours
● Enhanced holiday package up to 33 days (inc bank holidays)
● Access to company wellbeing benefits and discounts
● Free parking (subject to availability)
● Access to training and development programmes
● Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses, OTE 7% – 10% of annual salary
For more details please contact Simona Kmonickova - 0121 630 2551